New Demochoice page for better IRV polls

  • IRV Alliance
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2006
      I think that this new Demochoice feature has real, huge potential
      to recruit new IRV activism, basically by getting this new link out
      there and posted in blogs:
      http://www.demochoice.org/swdir.php
      The link http://TryIRV.net will also start pointing to this today.

      What we want is a busier polling service, with users for new polls
      to immediately get enough votes to attract many more bloggers to
      create and promote polls. This format may help a lot because the
      linked polls are reformatted with a feedback loop/link.

      So, the links from http://TRYIRV.net should be used to promote
      polls that you want to link from blogs or emails for example. You may
      notice the new link of the new-format polls, so that voters will vote
      in more polls and make Demochoice so popular that it will start being
      linked like crazy this summer whenever a website needs a good poll.

      If you want to help, just choose or make new poll using the link off
      the new directory and post or provide it to a blog, pointing out that
      IRV polls provide better, more telling results by counting more votes.
      Blogs and sites that currently list one-choice polls on their sites
      would be wise to use the new service instead, and the directory
      hopefully become VERY interesting quickly.

      Also, the TRyIRV.net page will also give expert advice on creating
      polls, such as how to include embedded links for each choice. Then
      people can more easily have "best website" or "best IRVnews story" polls.

      I've been using/following Demochoice for years, and this may the key
      for it to really take off as the tool for making it so much easier to
      promote, and so that more voters will return.

      So, please promote the full url starting today or the frame-site
      after tomorrow. We also want the blogs to list the links taken from
      this page when they link to polls.