Re: Conservation Laws

  • John Edwards
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2000
      --- David Deutsch <david.deutsch@...> wrote:
      > It's no big deal. It is thought that charge obeys a
      > 'superselection rule'
      > which says that superpositions of states of
      > different charge do not occur in
      > nature.
      I find no "superselction rule" in your FOR. Is it
      understood (by this rule) that the logic of
      interference says there cannot be a difference in
      charge? Nature (+/-) tends to compliment itself.

      >If you measured the energy of a system
      > that was in a
      > superposition of energy states, then the final total
      > energy would vary from
      > one universe to another, but its average over all
      > universes would be the
      > same as it was before.
      Where exactly is the system itself in superpositions
      of energy states, to begin with?
      Is the math of the entropy being generalised or
      subsidised?
      By saying "its average over all universes"...would not
      change, are you not limiting the number of possible
      outcome universes? Or are you subscribing to the
      multiverse itself a fixed mathamatical formulae?
      -John Edwards

      http://photos.yahoo.com/