Re: Mistakes

  • John Clark
    Message 1 of 37 , May 1 8:39 AM
      On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 Elliot Temple <curi@...> wrote:

      > Long time posters here ought to know this, but perhaps they don't:
      > We Popperians let mistakes die *in our place*.
      > We don't stand by them. Instead we change our mind. The mistaken idea dies
      > but we live on with a new idea."

      Right, that's why you freely admitted you were wrong when you said "Feynman
      brought up Popper in a bunch of his books", and then you thanked me for
      correcting your error. Oh wait, that has not happened to this day.

      John K Clark

    • John Clark
      Message 37 of 37 , May 10 10:45 AM
        On Mon, May 9, 2011 Elliot Temple <curi@...> wrote:

        > *You* demand evidence.

        Is that unreasonable?

        > "But when I propose evidence you say you wouldn't count it"

        I did nothing of the sort and couldn't have even if I wanted to. I don't
        refuse to count what you said because you haven't said anything yet except
        that someday you may say something if we behave ourselves and are good
        little boys.

        > "and you also refuse to specify what evidence you would count."

        I will count good evidence I will not count bad evidence and I don't know if
        yours is good or bad because I have no idea what the hell you're talking
        about.

        > "So, you are demanding something but refusing to say what it is you want."

        And you claim to have something from someone proving something but refuse to
        be more specific. As I said, this is getting silly.

        John K Clark