new york skyline

  • Elliot Temple
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2011
      Some have doubted the attraction of the new york skyline *to anyone*. Just ran into this:

      http://www.atlassociety.org/atlas-shrugged-movie-atlas-society

      > To Ayn Rand, the New York City skyline spoke of the highest achievement of man's productive mind–of the best within us–and Tuesday night, December 7, that skyline seemed to blaze with a brighter, cleaner light. No one can say, of course; but I think and hope that Ayn Rand would have accepted the tribute to her represented by that radiance.

      you can concede now. some people like it a lot.

      -- Elliot Temple
      http://fallibleideas.com/
    • Peter D
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 13, 2011
        --- In Fabric-of-Reality@yahoogroups.com, Elliot Temple <curi@...> wrote:

        > Some have doubted the attraction of the new york skyline *to anyone*. Just ran into this:
        >
        > http://www.atlassociety.org/atlas-shrugged-movie-atlas-society
        >
        > > To Ayn Rand, the New York City skyline spoke of the highest achievement of man's productive mind–of the best within us–and Tuesday night, December 7, that skyline seemed to blaze with a brighter, cleaner light. No one can say, of course; but I think and hope that Ayn Rand would have accepted the tribute to her represented by that radiance.
        >
        > you can concede now. some people like it a lot.
        >
        > -- Elliot Temple
        > http://fallibleideas.com/

        The skyscraper thing was a Randian pronouncement in the first
        place, so it is hardly significant that Randians go along with it. It
        is like saying fish is poplar because Catholics eat it on Fridays.
      • Elliot Temple
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 13, 2011
          On Jan 13, 2011, at 2:36 AM, Peter D wrote:

          > --- In Fabric-of-Reality@yahoogroups.com, Elliot Temple <curi@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Some have doubted the attraction of the new york skyline *to anyone*. Just ran into this:
          >>
          >> http://www.atlassociety.org/atlas-shrugged-movie-atlas-society
          >>
          >>> To Ayn Rand, the New York City skyline spoke of the highest achievement of man's productive mind–of the best within us–and Tuesday night, December 7, that skyline seemed to blaze with a brighter, cleaner light. No one can say, of course; but I think and hope that Ayn Rand would have accepted the tribute to her represented by that radiance.
          >>
          >> you can concede now. some people like it a lot.
          >>
          >> -- Elliot Temple
          >> http://fallibleideas.com/
          >>
          > The skyscraper thing was a Randian pronouncement in the first
          > place, so it is hardly significant that Randians go along with it. It
          > is like saying fish is poplar because Catholics eat it on Fridays.

          Randians are people too. Denying that Randians are in the "people" category is bigoted.

          -- Elliot Temple
          http://elliottemple.com/