RE: [Fabric-of-reality: www.scientific-philosophy.org]

  • Charles Goodwin
    Message 1 of 43 , May 31 1:52 PM
      > The many worlds interpretation fails this test, because it contains
      > unspecified, and arbitrary make-believe, and it is therefore pseudo-
      > science.

      Unless the laws of physics uniquely specify our universe, additional
      postulates are required to prevent them automatically specifying a
      multiverse. Hence the MWI appears more parsimonious at our existing level of
      knowledge. (Paraphrased from Max Tegmark in "New Scientist").

      Charles
    • Günther Greindl
      Message 43 of 43 , Jun 20, 2008
        John,

        > locations across all realities. MWI gets to delete all particles from dark
        > areas by asserting “and magic happens” – which is no better than collapse.
        > Both hypotheses (MWI and Collapse) fail to account for the lack of particles
        > in dark areas, other than by asserting “magic”.

        MWI does not delete particles: MWI assumes the wave function is
        ontologically real: particles are observed where there is constructive
        interference, none where the interfer. is destructive.

        Read here why MWI is currently the best theory for QM:

        http://www.overcomingbias.com/2008/06/the-quantum-phy.html

        (many posts, much reading, but, nobody said the matter is trivial)

        Here you have the final MWI post (which may not make sense if you've
        skipped the ones listed in the summary post above):
        http://www.overcomingbias.com/2008/05/many-worlds-one.html

        Cheers,
        Günther

        --