25593Re: Examples of Major Disjoints between PopperDeutsch and Science

  • hibbsa
    Sep 1, 2013
      --- In Fabric-of-Reality@yahoogroups.com, Gary Oberbrunner <garyo@...> wrote:

      > On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 12:46 PM, hibbsa <hibbsa@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >
      > > So, over in your head, your brain has been playing with MWI for years and
      > > all these concepts have steadily back to neaar the periphery of your
      > > consciousness. MWI feels like second nature to you...your brain strongly
      > > supportes that stance from me. It isn't all that likely from my perspective
      > > I will ever be driving your car again.
      > >

      > Fair enough -- you're certainly right that I have spent many years thinking
      > about QM, quantum computation, and MWI. I'll stay out of things for a
      > while and let Brett respond to your points.
      >
      > --
      > Gary

      Gary I swear this is true....and actually it's really funny. I was so tired when I wrote that post....I fell asleep in that last sentence and jerked awake whacking the send button. That last sentence "I will never drive your car again" It was literally me asleep.

      I recall it happening but had actually forgotten by this morning. I remember thinking, what the fuck did I just send?

      I guess we should both be relieved that I didn't have weirder sub-conscious feelings. It might have been really embarrassing.
      What if I signed of with "I want to have your baby, man" Just be thankful man, for small blessings

      Also interesting though, I just sent you a reply, before being reminded by your response here, and in that reply the metaphor I am using is "trying on" ideas...I'm saying I need time to reflect and try on what you have said.

      It seems plausible I was about to say that last night but for whatever reason I came out that I didn't want to drive your car anymore. Seems reasonable, I mean, who ever subconsciously wants to try on ideas that might refute their own ideas. That's a conscious discipline that we bring. Certainly I'm pleased to say that my actual consciously disciplined conclusion has been that I need to reflect and try on your ideas. I will be spending some time driving your car :o)
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic