Re: Rigblaster Plus

  • wb6dfw
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
      Hello Martin,

      I've not used the Rigblaster Plus with the 897D but have used the
      Tigertronics SL-1+ interface with great results. It does not require
      a serial port as the Rigblaster Plus requires and that gave me
      access to the one serial port on my laptop so I could connect my CAT
      cable and have frequency readout and all to my software log while
      running the rig. Preety nice capability. So consider that very small
      interface also. I've used it a half dozen times or so and no
      complaints.

      I am using a Rigblaster Plus with my Yaesu FT1000D and it works fine
      with that configuration with out a hitch.

      73 -- Eddie, WB6DFW

      --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Walsh" <m3cus@t...> wrote:

      > Hello
      > Iam new to the group my vy first posting.
      > I got my 897d a few days ago and Iam very pleased with it
      > And Iam very Interested in starting up on the digital modes eg
      > psk31 rtty cw etc would the rigblaster plus work ok with
      > the 897.
      > Thank you
      >
      > Best Wishes
      > Martin 2E0AYQ
    • Martin Walsh
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 2005
        Hello Eddie
        Thankyou for reply
        I have Just purchased a tigertronics SL-1+
        From Walters and Stantons here in the uk
        It is a nice compact unit and not requiring a serial port
        is certainly a good Idea.
        Shold recieve it through the post in the next day or two
        Iooking forward to using it
        Perhaps we could arrange a sked
        When Conditions allow
        All the best 73
        Martin 2E0AYQ
        mwal@...

        I've not used the Rigblaster Plus with the 897D but have used the
        Tigertronics SL-1+ interface with great results. It does not require
        a serial port as the Rigblaster Plus requires and that gave me
        access to the one serial port on my laptop so I could connect my CAT
        cable and have frequency readout and all to my software log while
        running the rig. Preety nice capability. So consider that very small
        interface also. I've used it a half dozen times or so and no
        complaints.

        I am using a Rigblaster Plus with my Yaesu FT1000D and it works fine
        with that configuration with out a hitch.

        73 -- Eddie, WB6DFW

        --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Walsh" <m3cus@t...> wrote:

        > Hello
        > Iam new to the group my vy first posting.
        > I got my 897d a few days ago and Iam very pleased with it
        > And Iam very Interested in starting up on the digital modes eg
        > psk31 rtty cw etc would the rigblaster plus work ok with
        > the 897.
        > Thank you
        >
        > Best Wishes
        > Martin 2E0AYQ

      • kanataont2000
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4, 2005
          Hi Martin,
          I am using the Rigblaster Plus with a FT897D and it works just fine.
          Setup was straightforward and I was on the air in a metter of minutes.
          Regards,
          Tim
          VE3MY