CAT/LINEAR Jack

  • s51jm
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2002
      According to preliminary manual, they are talking about CAT/LINEAR
      Jack. Does that mean that if we will be using Linear amplifier, we
      won't be able to use Computer control, as is with FT-100 and
      CAT/Antenna Tuner Jack? I'm not expecting any answers, I just hope
      that Yaesu constructors reads this YahooGroups Messages, and think it
      over again.
    • ab8jc
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2002
        --- In FT897@y..., "s51jm" <jmajdic@r...> wrote:
        <snip>
        > Does that mean that if we will be using Linear amplifier, we
        > won't be able to use Computer control, as is with FT-100 and
        > CAT/Antenna Tuner Jack?
        <snip>

        Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you *can* use both on
        the '100, just as with the FT-817 OTT & the CAT cable. A pass-
        through plug or Y-cable is required, not so?

        Steve AB8JC
      • s51jm
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 4, 2002
          Yes, might be, but if you use Amplifier, then you can't use CAT as I
          was told, though my mother always said: "Don't believe everythink
          peoples say!" HI.

          --- In FT897@y..., "ab8jc" <ab8jc@y...> wrote:
          > --- In FT897@y..., "s51jm" <jmajdic@r...> wrote:
          > <snip>
          > > Does that mean that if we will be using Linear amplifier, we
          > > won't be able to use Computer control, as is with FT-100 and
          > > CAT/Antenna Tuner Jack?
          > <snip>
          >
          > Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you *can* use both
          on
          > the '100, just as with the FT-817 OTT & the CAT cable. A pass-
          > through plug or Y-cable is required, not so?
          >
          > Steve AB8JC
        • w4wb
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 4, 2002
            --- In FT897@y..., "ab8jc" <ab8jc@y...> wrote:
            > --- In FT897@y..., "s51jm" <jmajdic@r...> wrote:
            > <snip>
            > > Does that mean that if we will be using Linear amplifier, we
            > > won't be able to use Computer control, as is with FT-100 and
            > > CAT/Antenna Tuner Jack?
            > <snip>
            >
            > Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you *can* use both
            on
            > the '100, just as with the FT-817 OTT & the CAT cable. A pass-
            > through plug or Y-cable is required, not so?
            >
            > Steve AB8JC

            Hi Steve,

            If you use the FC-20 with either the FT-847 or the FT-100/D, you can
            not use the CAT. With the FT-100/D using the OTT-100D, you can use
            the CAT just as with the FT-817 and the OTT as you mentioned. I
            expect that we will fabricate a similar OTT for the FT-897 if
            appropriate. I should also point out that you can use the FC-20 (or
            other tuners) and the CAT with the FT-847 (and soon with the FT-
            100/D) if you use the control software program FT847-SuperControl
            (www.w4rt.com).

            73 de Barry - W4WB
          • ab8jc
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 5, 2002
              > Hi Steve,
              >
              > If you use the FC-20 with either the FT-847 or the FT-100/D, you
              <snip>

              > 73 de Barry - W4WB

              Thanks for the clarification, Barry. I don't own either rig
              personally. Is it that there is a menu setting to tell the rig what
              accessory is connected? Have we any idea how the '897 will be set up?

              Steve AB8JC
            • k0onc
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 5, 2002
                --- In FT897@y..., "ab8jc" <ab8jc@y...> wrote:
                > > Hi Steve,
                > >
                > > If you use the FC-20 with either the FT-847 or the FT-100/D, you
                > <snip>
                > >
                > > 73 de Barry - W4WB
                >
                > Thanks for the clarification, Barry. I don't own either rig
                > personally. Is it that there is a menu setting to tell the rig what
                > accessory is connected? Have we any idea how the '897 will be set
                up?

                > Steve AB8JC
                With the 3.5mm jack on the back, which has ALC and PTT, what else do
                you need. The CAT plug would be free.