Re: meter faceplates?

  • pa3akf
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2005
      Myles,

      For reasons I can't understand I can't upload the file to the file
      section of this group. Please send me an email
      to "post@..."
      and I will reply with the file as an attachment. Note: it's 3.8 Mb in
      bitmap format but I can convert it to other formats if you prefer
      that.

      73 de Karel, PA3AKF.

      --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "photo2000a" <photo2000a@y...> wrote:

      > dear karel:
      >
      > thanks for responding and happy new years,
      >
      > it'd be great if you could post the file, I don't have a scanner,
      and i don't know what your
      > dimensions are but couldn't hurt to post maybe it'd fit , maybe
      somone elese might turn
      > one up or it's something i'll take a wack at and it won't be
      pretty :)

      > myles,n2ehg
      >

      > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "pa3akf" <pa3akf@s...> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "photo2000a" <photo2000a@y...>
      wrote:

      > > > I was making a ext meter . to plug into that front jack on the
      > > bottom //
      > > >
      > > > . and wonder if anyone has a template meter faceplate i can use
      > > print out and overlay
      > > >
      > > > perhaps some kind sole can email it to me, or post it to the
      files
      > > section as my artwork is
      > > > poor, even worse than my writing skills
      > > >
      > > > happy new year all
      > > >

      > > > myles
      > > > n2ehg
      > >
      > > Myles,
      > >
      > > I have just finished a meter myself and I have used the following
      > > method which I picked up from an article in a Dutch amateur-
      magazine.
      > > - Open the meter and remove the existing faceplate.
      > > - Put the faceplate on a scanner and make a (e.g.) bitmap-file of
      the
      > > scan.
      > > - Use the Windowsprogram Paint (or something like that) to remove
      > > anything you dislike but don't remove the scale itself.
      > > - Add with Paint any text or line you like on the spot were you
      like
      > > it. With Paint you don't have to be an artist to draw a line or
      > > put in text.
      > > - Print the picture on fotopaper, cut it out and use it as your
      new
      > > faceplate.
      > >
      > > Of course I can send you my new faceplate but you can't use that
      one
      > > for your meter unless they sell in second hand stores in your qth
      > > meters with the same dimensions and scales as in Holland.
      > >
      > > 73 and a happy 2005 to all!
      > >
      > > Karel, PA3AKF.
    • pa3akf
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1, 2005
        Myles,

        See my message 9460. In the end I have managed to create a folder in
        the files section and to upload a jpg version of the faceplate. You
        will find it in the files section in the folder "SMeter PA3AKF".
        Hope you can use it. If you need the bitmap version let me know.

        73 de Karel, PA3AKF.
      • w4wb
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 1, 2005
          Karel and all members,

          Please do NOT attempt to load large files or images to the Files or
          Photos Sections of this group. Each section is limited to only 20
          MB. I am sure you understand that taking up about 20% of a Section
          with a single image isn't a good idea.

          Options are perhaps as follows:

          1. Send the image to those interested directly as an attachment.
          Communicate simplex or direct ... not on this list. Also,
          attachments to messages on this list are not allowed.

          2. Decrease the file size to something reasonable (< 50 KB) and
          upload to the appropriate section.

          3. Locate the image to another site and reference the appropriate url.

          Be advised that I do look through the photos and files frequently and
          remove (w/o notice) oversized files and aged material. This is
          necessary to make room for new material since Yahoo! will not
          increase the size of the two Sections.

          Tnx es 73,
          Barry W4WB
          Moderator

          --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "pa3akf" <pa3akf@s...> wrote:

          > Myles,
          >
          > For reasons I can't understand I can't upload the file to the file
          > section of this group. Please send me an email
          > to "post@s..."
          > and I will reply with the file as an attachment. Note: it's 3.8 Mb
          in
          > bitmap format but I can convert it to other formats if you prefer
          > that.
          >
          > 73 de Karel, PA3AKF.

        • Peter Hilkmann
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 1, 2005
            Hi Myles,

            Just found a article in the official magazine of the VERON (Dutch) by Arie
            Dogterom , PA0EZ (pa0ez@...).
            He found a article in in the Radio REF-Union (France) written by J.P.
            Gendner , F5BU called "GALVA".
            Go to http://www.radioamateur.org/download
            From there go to: "Fichiers a telecharger" (left in bleu) en then further
            "Electronique" (middle in red)
            There you found "Galva"

            '73 , GL and happy N Y
            Peter , PE1DCD

            > I was making a ext meter . to plug into that front jack on the bottom //
            >
            > . and wonder if anyone has a template meter faceplate i can use to print
            out and overlay

            > perhaps some kind sole can email it to me, or post it to the files section
            as my artwork is
            > poor, even worse than my writing skills
            >
            > happy new year all
            >

            > myles
            > n2ehg
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • pa3akf
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 2, 2005
              Barry,

              All understood and thank you for explaining. There is one thing that
              puzzels me. How can I contact a member of this group direct via
              personal email, since for obvious reasons the emailadresses of
              members are partially hidden. Maybe a stupid question but can you
              give a clue on that. Thanks in advance.

              73 de Karel, PA3AKF.

              > Karel and all members,
              >
              > Please do NOT attempt to load large files or images to the Files or
              > Photos Sections of this group. Each section is limited to only 20
              > MB. I am sure you understand that taking up about 20% of a Section
              > with a single image isn't a good idea.
              >
              > Options are perhaps as follows:
              >
              > 1. Send the image to those interested directly as an attachment.
              > Communicate simplex or direct ... not on this list. Also,
              > attachments to messages on this list are not allowed.
              >
              > 2. Decrease the file size to something reasonable (< 50 KB) and
              > upload to the appropriate section.
              >
              > 3. Locate the image to another site and reference the appropriate
              url.

              > Be advised that I do look through the photos and files frequently
              and
              > remove (w/o notice) oversized files and aged material. This is
              > necessary to make room for new material since Yahoo! will not
              > increase the size of the two Sections.
              >
              > Tnx es 73,
              > Barry W4WB
              > Moderator
            • w4wb
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 2, 2005
                FB Karel. Paragraph #4 in the Guidelines (sent to everyone each
                month) explains how to reply direct. See message 9470. Specific
                paragraph is as follows:

                "4. When replying to a post, please decide if your comment should be
                to the entire group of over 2,000 or directly to the author of the
                post. When you click on "Reply," it goes to everyone. To reply
                direct (simplex), you should click on the email address following the
                user ID line at the top of the post. Notice that only a part is
                shown for privacy. Also, please think about if what you are about to
                post in reply to the group really should be to the group ... replies
                like "I sure do agree with that" doesn't add much to the group. Send
                thoughts like those direct to the poster please."

                73,
                Barry W4WB