Re: [FT897] FT-897 Face Loose

  • Jeff Griffin
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2004
      While checking into a hotel last summer, some kids running around the lobby
      bumped into my luggage cart knocking my 897D that was in a tight fitting
      case to the floor. I didn't notice any damage until I noticed that the face
      was loose. I removed the face to have a look and found that two of the 4
      plastic tabs holding the face on were broken off, there was also a small
      crack along one side. I ordered a new face plate from Yaesu , at a cost of
      $35 to fix the problem. It took about 15 minutes to install the new face
      plate , no big deal.

      73 Jeff kb2m

      > Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 04:21:30 -0000
      > From: "ke4iza001" <hamradioman@...>
      > Subject: FT-897 Face Loose
      > The face of the FT-897 does not detach does it? Mine is slightly
      > loose. More on the left side. It is only slightly so I do not
      > think it is anything to worry about. Anyone else have this on their
      > FT-897?
    • Vince
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2004
        My rig has never been dropped or bumped while in transit (see photo
        of travel case I built in PHOTOS under VE6VPD). I can put my thumb
        and forefinger top and bottom of the faceplate at the right-hand end
        and note that it is very secure. On the left-hand end it wiggles a
        bit top to bottom maybe 1/32".

        73 de VE6VPD
        ..Vince

      • g7guo@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2004
          yahoogroups@... writes:

          My rig has never been dropped or bumped while in transit (see photo
          of travel case I built in PHOTOS under VE6VPD). I can put my thumb
          and forefinger top and bottom of the faceplate at the right-hand end
          and note that it is very secure. On the left-hand end it wiggles a
          bit top to bottom maybe 1/32".

          73 de VE6VPD
          ..Vince

          --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "ke4iza001" <hamradioman@c...> wrote:

          > The face of the FT-897 does not detach does it? Mine is slightly
          > loose. More on the left side. It is only slightly so I do not
          > think it is anything to worry about. Anyone else have this on
          their
          > FT-897?
          >
          > Thanks and 73

          There is a small amount of movement both sides of mine. I would not have
          noticed it unless I had read about it here and tried to provoke the movement
          deliberately. I do not consider it a problem and will not bother about it. I
          will check if it gets worse after any knocks though.

          73, Simon, G7GUO.

        • k9ztv
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 3, 2004
            Relax, guys, it's normal.

            73,

            Kent K9ZTV
          • ke4iza001
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 5, 2004
              Kent

              You had to say normal!
              Now what are we going to worry about? Hi Hi

              73 and thanks