Re: [FT897] 897 saved my ears :)

  • Alan Barrow
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 2, 2004
      Simon writes:
      > sliders. I can't seem to get access to some useful things like the
      attenuator,
      > IPO, or pre-amp though.

      All of these are available as buttons on my display as I remember it. Do you
      have the 897 selected as the radio?

      Thanks,

      Alan
      km4ba
    • Darren
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 2, 2004
        --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <chrisg1vdp@y...> wrote:

        > I had the sd log running, hrd, the chat room and a web browser and
        > the pc seemed to cope... I think it was as you wrote a confused
        > operator! :)))

        Chris, you know me too well :)

        I hope to get up for the talk next week... This means nothing to the
        others.. sorry :)

        Yes too many windows on the screen. BUT.... The PC isn't that stable
        when it comes to mutlitasking... The last thing I wanted was it to
        crash and lose the log :)

        That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :)

        Darren
        GW7HOC MW5HOC
        daz(at)ft-817.co.uk
        http://www.mw5hoc.4t.com
      • g7guo@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 3, 2004
          ml9001@... writes:

          Simon writes:
          > sliders. I can't seem to get access to some useful things like the
          attenuator,
          > IPO, or pre-amp though.

          All of these are available as buttons on my display as I remember it. Do you
          have the 897 selected as the radio?

          Thanks,

          Alan
          km4ba

          I had another look. Yes I have the FT-897 selected. Still can't see ATT or
          IPO options available for the buttons.

          73,
          Simon,
          g7guo

        • Alan Barrow
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 3, 2004
            I'll have to look, but maybe I configured mine in. They are available as
            "buttons", so check the config screen. You can add /delete whatever
            buttons/sliders you want.

            Have fun!

            Alan
            km4ba
            > > sliders. I can't seem to get access to some useful things like the
            > attenuator,
            > > IPO, or pre-amp though.
            >
            > All of these are available as buttons on my display as I remember it. Do
            you
            > have the 897 selected as the radio?
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Alan
            > km4ba
            >

            > I had another look. Yes I have the FT-897 selected. Still can't see ATT or
            > IPO options available for the buttons.
            >
            > 73,
            > Simon,
            > g7guo

          • pa3akf
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 5, 2004
              --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, g7guo@a... wrote:
              I have just downloaded the latest version 3.0 of HRD and it is a
              great
              > improvement on the old version 1.1 I had before with all the new
              buttons and
              > sliders. I can't seem to get access to some useful things like the
              attenuator,
              > IPO, or pre-amp though. Am I missing something or is that something
              for a later
              > version maybe?
              >
              > 73,
              > Simon
              > G7GUO

              Simon,

              You haven't missed anything. It's not available in HRD. You can check
              the available functions in HRD with F8 and ctrl-F8.
              The makers of HRD have the problem that Yaesu is unwilling to give
              them the details of so called undocumented functions. This means that
              they have to sort out things all by themselves which takes a lot of
              their spare time (remember that the program is free!). If you are
              interested, go to the section Yaesu in the HRD forumserver and you
              will find out more about this problem which is a problem that Yaesu
              has caused.

              73 de Karel, PA3AKF
            • g7guo@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 5, 2004
                pa3akf@... writes:

                I have just downloaded the latest version 3.0 of HRD and it is a
                great
                > improvement on the old version 1.1 I had before with all the new
                buttons and
                > sliders. I can't seem to get access to some useful things like the
                attenuator,
                > IPO, or pre-amp though. Am I missing something or is that something
                for a later
                > version maybe?
                >
                > 73,
                > Simon
                > G7GUO

                Simon,

                You haven't missed anything. It's not available in HRD. You can check
                the available functions in HRD with F8 and ctrl-F8.
                The makers of HRD have the problem that Yaesu is unwilling to give
                them the details of so called undocumented functions. This means that
                they have to sort out things all by themselves which takes a lot of
                their spare time (remember that the program is free!). If you are
                interested, go to the section Yaesu in the HRD forumserver and you
                will find out more about this problem which is a problem that Yaesu
                has caused.

                73 de Karel, PA3AKF

                Thank you very much for that information Karel. I just wanted to make sure I
                was not being daft and missing something that was there. I fully apreciate
                the problems and the time and effort spent by the authors of the software. With
                all the facilities it does offer it is an excellent program. I have no
                complaints, especialy as you say it is free!!

                73, Simon, G7GUO