FT897] LDG Update: Reply to WG9U

  • k9ztv
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 4, 2004
      Larry . . .

      serious (read "sincere") about the company looking into free updates if
      someone could explain the rationale. I personally see no rationale
      since ten bucks is a pittance and I'd rather pay a pittance (or more) to
      HAVE upgrades rather than not to have them.

      I also did not get any untoward "tone" or lack of "tact" from reading
      his email. In fact, I was delighted and pleased he responded at all.
      Had I been the one responding to the JA's inane comment ("the nerve") it
      would have a great deal less diplomatic. Your criticism, with all due
      respect, struck me the same way as when I first heard Kerry say he would
      have waged a "a more sensitive war."

      My opinion only, but you DID express yours.

      73,

      Kent Trimble, K9ZTV
      Jefferson City, MO

      blackopsspook wrote:

      > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Creager" <jason@c...> wrote:
      > I completely agree Jason, however, I don't agree with the tone of the
      > response from LDG. It tends to show a lack of concern, with respect to
      > their customers. Frankly, I can see his point, but you don't treat
      > your customers in this manner. He could have used a little more tact...
      >
      > Larry, WG9U

    • KABOONA
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 4, 2004
        Not to beat a dead horse. $10.00 bucks is not bad at all for a
        programmed PROM, however, I visited their site and somewhere there
        said that the (or maybe a previous) SW update was free but you had
        to send the chip back. Again, it did not specified this upgrade it
        said something about version 1.5.

        Also, noone has been able to answer my previous question. I wanted
        to know what were the "incompatibilites" with the FT-897D. I have a
        897D and the AT897 and I am currently having some issues on 6m SSB.
        It would be nice to know that these could be related to
        these "incompatibilities" and not to my radio. Either way I ordered
        an upgrade.

        regards,
        Jim--KB1KZI
        --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, k9ztv <k9ztv@s...> wrote:
        > I totally agree with Jason. If you can't afford a ten buck chip,
        you
        > can't afford ham radio. I would much rather pay for an upgrade
        than not
        > have any upgrades at all.
        >
        > 73,
        >
        > Kent Trimble, K9ZTV
        > Jefferson City, MO
        >

        > Jason Creager wrote:
        >
        > > I have absolutely no problem paying such a modest fee for a
        significant
        > > upgrade. When/where did LDG ever promise free upgrades? For ten
        lousy
        > > bucks
        > > and shipping, your AT-897 turns into a 200 memory autotuner. I
        don't think
        > > that was ever promised in any of the literature. LDG is a small
        company
        > > selling products to a niche market.
        > >
        > > They deserve to eat, too.
        > >
        > > Also, adding the communications and EEPROM hardware necessary to
        do a
        > > computer based software upgrade would add a significant cost to
        the
        > > AT-897.
        > > I would much rather pay $10 every couple of years instead of an
        extra $150
        > > upfront.
        > > - Jason - KC0ERG
      • Sommer Altabatsali
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 4, 2004
          To all who responded to my e-mail.

          My intention in forwarding that reply from LDG was not to start a name calling competition, but that is apparently the nature of some people in this group, if you're not with us , you're against us, sounds familiar? as for K9 you ought to join the buddipole group to be tamed and learn some manners.

          I would like to ask the moderator to put an end to this thread. I'm unsubscribing from this group.

          73's to all the good guys

          blackopsspook wrote:

          > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Creager" <jason@c...> wrote:
          > I completely agree Jason, however, I don't agree with the tone of the
          > response from LDG. It tends to show a lack of concern, with respect to
          > their customers. Frankly, I can see his point, but you don't treat
          > your customers in this manner. He could have used a little more tact...
          >
          > Larry, WG9U

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT