Re: [FT897] Re: 6 meter question (connectors)

  • Georges Strub
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1 1:13 AM
      Yes
      mine has one SO-239 for HF / 6m
      and a N connector for VHF/UHF factory fitted
      serial no is 2L04xxxx
      73 hb9duh

      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 7, 2006
        Why is it that when I tune the 897 to the M-604 channel for 6 meters
        (5.373.00) I can hear a QSO but when using the VFO it has to be on
        5.371.50 to hear the same QSO?
        Thanks
        Bob
      • David F. Reed
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 7, 2006
          Bob, I suspect a typo there 60 meters, not six.

          On to the question; because Yaesu has pre-programmed those 5 channels as
          "center of intelligence" frequencies; usb is offset -1.5 KHz, LSB would
          be offset +1.5 KHz in carrier frequency to maintain the "center of
          intelligence frequency.

          On my Icom, I have the 5.371.50 in memory (USB); Yaesu presumably wants
          to make it idiot proof; you will note you cannot change mode either;
          just USB.

          Make sense?

          73 de Dave, W5SV