Re: [FT897] Re: 6 meter question (connectors)

  • jean
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 31, 2004
      My FT897 has an so239 for HF and an N socket for VHF
      73
      F8RZ

      Le 23:02 31/08/2004, vous avez écrit:

      >To the best of my knoledge the 897 and 897D all have SO-239s on both
      >HF and VHF irrespective of locale. Perhaps some people are thinking
      >of the 817 which has the N BNC and the 239.
      >
      >Anyone else in Europe have a different experience?
      >Thanks,
      >
      >Bruce MI0CML.
      >
      >--- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "semuther" <semuther@y...> wrote:
      > > Anybody know what the factory replacement Yaesu part number is for
      >the
      > > N-Connectors? I'd like to replace both the SO-239 connectors on
      >my
      > > 897.
      > >
      > > Steve
      > > WF6R
      > >
      > > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "bambazonke01" <bambazonke@h...>
      >wrote:
      > > > I have one of the older North American 897's and both connectors
      >are
      > > > the same. I believe some European models have different
      >cnnectors
      > > > PL259 and N-type. I don't know what the new 897's have installed
      > > > here.
      > > > Jim VE3DDY
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Georges Strub
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
        Yes
        mine has one SO-239 for HF / 6m
        and a N connector for VHF/UHF factory fitted
        serial no is 2L04xxxx
        73 hb9duh

        > To the best of my knoledge the 897 and 897D all have SO-239s on both
        > HF and VHF irrespective of locale. Perhaps some people are thinking
        > of the 817 which has the N BNC and the 239.
        >
        > Anyone else in Europe have a different experience?
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Bruce MI0CML.
        >
        > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "semuther" <semuther@y...> wrote:
        > > Anybody know what the factory replacement Yaesu part number is for
        > the
        > > N-Connectors? I'd like to replace both the SO-239 connectors on
        > my
        > > 897.
        > >
        > > Steve
        > > WF6R
        > >
        > > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "bambazonke01" <bambazonke@h...>
        > wrote:
        > > > I have one of the older North American 897's and both connectors
        > are
        > > > the same. I believe some European models have different
        > cnnectors
        > > > PL259 and N-type. I don't know what the new 897's have installed
        > > > here.
        > > > Jim VE3DDY

        > This message has been processed by Firetrust Benign.

      • n0wme
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 7, 2006
          Why is it that when I tune the 897 to the M-604 channel for 6 meters
          (5.373.00) I can hear a QSO but when using the VFO it has to be on
          5.371.50 to hear the same QSO?
          Thanks
          Bob
        • David F. Reed
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 7, 2006
            Bob, I suspect a typo there 60 meters, not six.

            On to the question; because Yaesu has pre-programmed those 5 channels as
            "center of intelligence" frequencies; usb is offset -1.5 KHz, LSB would
            be offset +1.5 KHz in carrier frequency to maintain the "center of
            intelligence frequency.

            On my Icom, I have the 5.371.50 in memory (USB); Yaesu presumably wants
            to make it idiot proof; you will note you cannot change mode either;
            just USB.

            Make sense?

            73 de Dave, W5SV