Re: More charging info here on the CD-24

  • rankarramirez
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2004
      Mike, thanks a bunch for posting this very useful piece of info.
      It's given me another idea for a mod...

      Randy K1ROR

      --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Sensabaugh" <mike@w...> wrote:
      > Well I disected my CD-24. Comes apart easily, Just 2 tamper proof
      torx screws under the label.

      > Turns out that there is no need to short pins 2 and 4 when using a
      homemade charger like some other posters have suggested. They truly
      do nothing. Not even any wires connected in the box.

      > Pin 5 is the LED, other leg of LED goes to gnd
      > Pin 3 Is +
      > Pin 1 is gnd
      > Pin 6 Is the Temp Sensor, other leg goes to gnd
      >
      > The charger uses a 47C241N 3NF4 chip that reads the temerature and
      other info. I have had a hard time finding a datasheet on this but it
      seems that the temp sensor is a thermistor. at 70 deg F it should be
      10K, I think this is the rating of the thermistors at Radio Shack.
      It connects from pin 6 to pin 1, Gnd.

      > Oh yea. The CD-24 is very noisy on the HF bands. It absolutely has
      no sheilding inside the plastic box or on the cable itself.