Re: [FT897] Re: No output/any mode/band

  • Al Allum
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2004
      Joe, try writing down all your menu settings and frequencies that you have in memory and then do a CPU "Master Reset". This will return everything to their factory settings. Hold down {HOME} + Power on.

      One other thing first. Put a volt meter on your power supply/battery and read it's votage when you key up the radio on transmit. Does it still put out 12 volts? Low votage could shut the radio down.

      If this doesn't restore the radio it may be broken.

      Al, N8ARO
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2004
        I had the same problem. I was getting a lot of noise from the power
        supply on the upper bands ( 15-10) after it was sent Yaesu. I took
        power supply and radio back to AES and they did a few checks. They
        couldn't find the noise problem so they gave me another power supply
        and problem went away. But when I got home and hooked things back up
        I had no RF output on all bands. I took the radio back and they gave
        me a loaner for the duration. The radio went back to Yaesu and they
        had it for 6 weeks. They finally sent me a new radio with new
        warrenty and power supply. What the problem was with no RF is still
        a mystery to me.. I think you will have to talk to Tech support at
        Yaesu and probably send the radio back to them..