Re: Delete PMS

  • g4hfq
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2003
      --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Philip Brown" <philiphb@n...> wrote:
      > I did a hard reset, they were gone, but when I loaded the memories
      > with my file saved to FTBasic they came back....
      > Maybe a wooden stake would work.
      > de Philip Brown
      > W1PHB

      Philip,

      FTBasic reads and write the complete clone data image - the image
      includes the PMS memories as well as many other rig settings.

      If you have an earlier saved .897 file that does not have the PMS
      memories defined then you can:

      a) read and save (a safety measure) the current rig state
      b) export the current memories to a CSV file
      c) read your earlier saved rig state from the .897 file
      d) import the current memories from the CSV file
      e) write the updated 'old' image back to the rig

      Note that this process will also revert any other rig settings to the
      state that existed when the .897 file was originally saved.

      If you have used SoftJump to broadband your rig then, before writing
      back to the rig, you will also have to revert your settings to those
      that existed when you took the original .897 file - otherwise the rig
      will refuse the clone image. After you have written back to the rig
      you can re-do your SoftJump broadband mod.

      If you have used a soldering iron instead of SoftJump then you have a
      problem...

      Hope this helps,

      Bob G4HFQ
    • Al Allum
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2003
        Phil, did you open the FTBasic file on your computer and edit it and remove
        the unwanted memory entries before reloading it? I’ve not done this, but
        have heard talk of doing so. Also, you could save a new entry of something
        more suitable on top of the ones you want to get rid of.

        Al, N8ARO

        I did a hard reset, they were gone, but when I loaded the memories
        with my file saved to FTBasic they came back....
        Maybe a wooden stake would work.
        de Philip Brown
        W1PHB

      • Philip Brown
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2003
          Funny thibg is the PMS memories are not visable with FTBasic, I only
          see memories 1-200. Oh well.
          de Philip Brown
          W1PHB