897 and CAT problems

  • Dick Hanson
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2003
      This may have been covered before, but if not, may help someone.
      My radio is an early one, 2H010102, from last Oct. Also got FP-30 ps.
      My problem was trying to keep the radio and my WriteLog contest software
      talking to one another.

      No problem setting up communications etc., but after a while, randomly, I
      would get a "no rig" indication on my computer. The only way to re-establish
      communications was to turn the radio off and then back on.....and wait for
      the next failure.
      After much sleuthing with the folks at WriteLog (and some on this
      reflector), I concluded it had to be the radio.
      So after the Sept. vhf test, I sent it in, mentioning my CAT prob, ps noise
      etc.

      The very good news is when I got it back yesterday, it finally works!! So
      flashing the CPU with the latest stuff, plus changing 4 chip components did
      the trick.

      FWIW,
      73
      Dick
    • Steven Ford
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2003
        Dick:

        I have the same problem with my FT-897. I've spoken with Yaesu and they also advised me to send it back for service. Apparently it is a known glitch with some '897s.

        73 . . . Steve, WB8IMY

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor