Re: [FT897] TX ERROR message

  • Andreas Fink
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
      this usually means you transmit out of band.
      either you have set up a shift on SSB or you have the clarifier on and
      your TX frequency is set outside the band (but the RX is set inside).

      On Mittwoch, Oktober 1, 2003, at 07:38 Uhr, Kim Alfaro wrote:

      > Greetings,
      >
      > I hope someone can point me in the right direction to solve a problem
      > with my rig that materialized tonight. I attempted to transmit on
      > 2-meter SSB, and got the message TX ERROR in the middle of the rig's
      > display. I searched the operating manual for some kind of error
      > message
      > translator, but found none. I tried 2 meter FM simplex, and the rig
      > worked fine. I have not tried any other modes. I used the same antenna
      > for both SSB and FM, and everything (FM & SSB) operated perfectly the
      > three days ago, the last time I operate the rig.
      >
      > The only other anomaly that I uncovered relates to the
      > non-selectability
      > of IF filters via menu 086. (I have the Collins filters installed in
      > slots FIL 1 and FIL 2.) No selection -- CFIL/FIL1/FIL2 -- was
      > indicated. And the A, B and C buttons were inoperative. It seems to me
      > that when in the SSB mode, FIL1 was bracketed.
      >
      > I haven't attempted a full system reset, but I'll try this tomorrow if
      > this may be a way out.
      >
      > Ideas/thoughts/solutions solicited. Thanks in advance, Kim Alfaro,
      > W6FWX

      > ---------------------~-->
      > Canada.
      > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
      > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/ELTolB/TM

      Andreas Fink
      HB9DWF
    • Ferrell Brown
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
        Kim it sounds like you may be trying to txmt out
        of band on SSB. Be sure you are in the correct
        portion of the 2m band. If you are trying to txmt
        ssb in the repeater portion of the band the
        offset may put your txmt freq out of band.

        KE4QDC
        Ferrell

        http://shopping.yahoo.com