Re: [FT897] RE: Crackling on 2M band &70cms

  • bradley-david10@sky.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 6, 2013
      Hi Jeff going to take to boffins at my local radio society club,thanks fro reply,73 Dave 2E0DTB

      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 21, 2014
        Redtube the filters I had heard that 897s that were made in 1988, were fitted with faulty filters, thisalso happened to some Kenwood radios which were also fitted with faulty filters from the same batch.I spoke to someone at Yaesu and they more or less admitted as much and offered to repair for £50.00 Which also includes return postage.I have always had good dealings with Yaesu and found the UK branch very helpful and polite.Chris M3ozp