Re: Hf wire and noise

  • Viron
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 29, 2013
      I to live in a noise rich environment, a condo. Currently the main things I am doing are using an ANC-4 Timewave noise canceler that works well for local noises only. Also, I operate when possible when most neighbors are asleep. By the S-Meter when using the ANC-4 S-8 noise goes to zero, but I lose 1-2 S-Units of signal. The next thing I will probably due is implement a magnetic loop antenna such as the MFJ-1788 or Isotron. The Hi-Q of the loop creates a narrow portion for receiving and transmitting frequencies usually of just a few K to about 10K, thus eleminating noise outside the narrow band width. The last thing, which should be first is a good RF ground.