Re: FP-30 Question

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 19, 2013
      An extra thing I had to account for when sizing a Pelican case (1500) for my FP-30 equipped set was the power cable joining the supply to the radio. It meant creating a 1.5 inch slot in the 'pick and pluck' foam to avoid bending or stressing it, and caused the radio to be more central in the box.

      Mark

      --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "we8st" <we8st@...> wrote:

      > Hi, I am wondering if anyone owns the FP-30 power supply that attaches to the 897D. I am planning on getting one for my rig and was wondering what anyone's opinion of it is. Also was curious how much taller it makes the radio when attached.
      >
      > Thanks, 73
      > Chris
      > WE8ST

    • WE8ST
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 21, 2013
        Thanks to everyone for their input on this topic. Ordered an fp-30 and it was delivered yesterday. So far I installed it and turned it on and seems to be workin good! Haven't had a chance to make any contacts yet. Planning to use it on field day. It's gonna be so nice not having to lug that huge power supply I was using before!

        73 everyone
        Chris
        WE8ST

        Sent from my iPhone