Re: [FT897] Looking for a special switch

  • Lou Blasco
    Message 1 of 10 , May 21, 2013
      Why not switch some cheap automotive relays?

      Lou
      VK3ALB

      At 01:52 22/05/2013, you wrote:
      >I think what I am looking for is a 8 pole 4 position, 20 amp rotary,
      >or slide switch. I'm designing a go box with 4 options for powering
      >it and want them to be switch selectable. Spent a few hours on
      >Google and not finding what I want. Any suggestions?
      >
      >David KK4NTC

    • kf7dur
      Message 2 of 10 , May 21, 2013
        --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "embark999" <embark001@...> wrote:

        > I think what I am looking for is a 8 pole 4 position, 20 amp rotary, or slide switch. I'm designing a go box with 4 options for powering it and want them to be switch selectable. Spent a few hours on Google and not finding what I want. Any suggestions?
        >
        > David KK4NTC

        Buy 4 Bosch 30A relays and control them with a small inexpensive rotary switch.
      • Charlie Neff
        Message 3 of 10 , May 22, 2013
          A good manufacturer of medium and heavy current, multi-pole rotary switches is "Electroswitch" . In the business I'm in we use them for switchboards and transfer switching. DIgikey, Allied & Mouser should stock them. Go to www.electroswitch.com <www.electroswitch.com%20%20> for the factory stuff. http://www.electroswitch.com/electroswitchesandrelays/iSelector.htm

          Good Luck, 73

          Charlie NQ1Q

        • embark999
          Message 4 of 10 , May 22, 2013
            Thank you for the lead. I'm waiting to hear back from them.
            David KK4NTC

            --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, Charlie Neff <cneff@...> wrote:

            > A good manufacturer of medium and heavy current, multi-pole rotary switches is "Electroswitch" . In the business I'm in we use them for switchboards and transfer switching. DIgikey, Allied & Mouser should stock them. Go to www.electroswitch.com <www.electroswitch.com%20%20> for the factory stuff. http://www.electroswitch.com/electroswitchesandrelays/iSelector.htm
            >
            > Good Luck, 73
            >

            > Charlie NQ1Q

          • Ted Wrobel
            Message 5 of 10 , May 23, 2013
              Just curious, but why do you need two poles per source?

              Just tie the grounds together, switch the hot leads.

              Take a look at battery switches (boats). I know there are three position
              switches, hundreds of amps.

              73
              Ted
              W1GRI

              _____

              > I think what I am looking for is a 8 pole 4 position, 20 amp rotary, or
              slide switch. I'm designing a go box with 4 options for powering it and want
              them to be switch selectable. Spent a few hours on Google and not finding
              what I want. Any suggestions?

              > David KK4NTC

              Buy 4 Bosch 30A relays and control them with a small inexpensive rotary
              switch.

              _____

              No virus found in this message.

            • embark999
              Message 6 of 10 , May 23, 2013
                Each of the power sources are different. Different grounds.... Example one is 120 v generator, one is marine battery....

                --- In mailto:FT897%40yahoogroups.com <mailto:FT897%40yahoogroups.com> , "embark999"