Re: Medium wave reception ??

  • w4fjt
    Message 1 of 11 , May 17, 2013
      The "graveyard" frequencies on medium wave are specifically 1230,1240,1340,1400,1450, & 1490 kHz. They are called that by MW DXers because there are about 150 local stations assigned to each of these frequencies. The National Radio Club has a PDF that you can download, about 15 pages, "DXing the Graveyard Channels" (easy to find on Google).

      The term goes back a long way, but it may have originated because these stations are crowded together like the tombstones in a graveyard.

      Yes, you never know what you'll find here.

      Jim, W4FJT