Re: experiences using an MP 1?

  • wh6diq_richard_in_honolulu
    Message 1 of 8 , May 3, 2013
      Thanks to all for responses. I rather assumed I would not need to use the tuner, but have had limited experience with antennas so far. I guess I'll know more soon!

      Richard
      wh6diq

      --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "jdeitch2" <jdeitch2@...> wrote:

      > Forget the tuner and tune the antenna per the instructions. I have been using one for 3 years all over the world in almost every climate imaginable. From hotel blaconies to beaches. I have used both the clamp to the railing and the tri-pod base on balconies. Both work no problems.
      >
      > Jim
      > JG1KGS
      >
      > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "wh6diq_richard_in_honolulu" <wh6diq@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Aloha,
      > >
      > > I will be receiving a Superstick in about a week, but wondering whether or not I will need to use the LDG AT 897 tuner with it.
      > >
      > > I will be trying it out using the clamping mount on an aluminum lanai railing, and also using the tripod base in the open on the rooftop.
      > >
      > > 73
      > >
      > > Richard
      > > wh6diq

    • Alex Netherton
      Message 2 of 8 , May 3, 2013
        What kind of signal report do you get, and how do you set up ground
        plane/radials? Is the antenna any good for DX?

        --
        Alex Netherton
        http://blueridgediscovery.com