Re: Looking to buy FT-897D and need to know some questions

  • walscobry
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2013
      Sounds like your on top of it. CAT and/or memory programming cables do the same thing. Connect the serial port on the radio to the serial port on a computer. So you can use the same serial connection for either memory programming or rig control.

      I have the RT systems memory manager and use their USB to radio serial adapter for CAT with HamRadioDeluxe as well.

      You will need a new (additional) cable specific to the FT-897 for your signalink, get it from them direct or HRO maybe? I have cables for a couple of different radios or I move it around.

      Welcome to the group!

      Bryan
      K4RKR