RE: [FT897] CHIRP and FT-897D

  • Ed G
    Message 1 of 31 , Apr 17, 2013
      I believe the CHIRP programming instructions URL I sent a day or two ago contained good instructions EXCEPT they were for the FT-857. The “ A “ button and “ C “ functions button are reversed on the FT-897 so that is likely your problem.

      Ed K7AAT

      Message 31 of 31 , May 17, 2013
        I am not sure that it is a design deficiency of the 897. I think it is a deficiency of the stuff hanging off the back of it. I just used an FT857 in an exercise with a bluetooth interface on the CAT port built as a dongle and a MH59 mic. I used my Android tablet to control the radio. I had zero issue with CTCSS tone frequency shift using the radio over three days. We used it on FM, LSB on 40 Meters and to monitor VFIRE21.