Re: FYI files

  • Mike Parker
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 17, 2013
      Mike, there is tolerance and there is preaching. Joe's comments were to the point but non-religious people shouldn't have god stuffed down their throats, especially on a technical forum.

      I was quite shocked seeing all that biblical stuff being allowed in the files section and I wish it to be removed. Ham radio is nothing to do with Christianity or any other religion but there seems to be a swell of this stuff.

      They say don't talk religion or politics on the air and for good reason, it is divisive. We have good news nets and people blessing us on the air and it really winds me up.

      You don't preach to me about the invisible man in the sky and I won't preach to you about my celestial flying teapot.

      73

      Mike
      M0SAZ

      --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "mikep_n4mep" <mparrott@...> wrote:

      > Way to insult and offend a large portion of the population. This group can do without members like you. Very intolerant.
      >
      > N4MEP
      >
      > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, Joe Beets <wa6bd@> wrote:
      > >
      > > the files included in the folder you are speaking about certainly do not belong in this group. really, in this day and age who in their right mind has imaginary friends??

    • k5htb_de_travis
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 18, 2013
        I agree completely. There is enough hatred focused against Christians without putting up with it here.

        Travis
        K5HTB

        ---------------

        --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "mikep_n4mep" <mparrott@...> wrote:

        > Way to insult and offend a large portion of the population. This group can do without members like you. Very intolerant.
        >
        > N4MEP
        >
        > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, Joe Beets <wa6bd@> wrote:
        > >
        > > the files included in the folder you are speaking about certainly do not belong in this group. really, in this day and age who in their right mind has imaginary friends??

      • Alex
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 22, 2013
          I think the writer was saying, IMHO politely, that a Yahoo group focused on HAM radio, and specifically one certain type of rig is likely not the platform for religious proselyting, whether Christian, Islam, Buddhist or any other religion. I don't think he was being hateful. On many groups, political, religious, or any other post is not allowed, and the user will be moderated or even banned. Had someone come on here preaching Islam, some feathers would be ruffled, I almost guarantee it. Even on the radio I steer clear of religion and politics, and wish others would do the same.
          When a list is totally open, as is this one, with no screening process, all kinds of folks can come in, most of them not Radio Amateurs.
          I am not stating a religious or political bias, just saying a group with the stated focus of HAM Radio and a certain model of radio might stter clear of certain subjects out of respect for everybody.
          My $.02
          KC4BO