Re: [FT897] Power reading

  • Charles Scott
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2013
      David:

      Which transmit mode are you testing with? (USB, LSB, AM, FM, DIG...) USB
      and LSB would not show a power indication tell you talk and you have
      proper mic gain set.

      Chuck - N8DNX

      --
      *Charles Scott*, President
      Gaslight Media

      E-Mail: cscott@...
      Office: 231-487-0692

    • Martyn Whyte
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3, 2013
        David,

        Turn the meter so it will be displaying MOD (modulation) then if your
        bar-graph moves and the meter doesn't it may be the lead between the
        FT-meter and your 897 is not making a good connection.
        I had one that did the very same and I had to replace the lead, since then
        no issues!

        --
        Regards,
        Martyn-MM0XXW

      • embark999
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3, 2013
          I went back and deleted my post as I discovered I had the display on the wrong setting.

          David KK4NTC

          --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, Charles Scott <cscott@...> wrote:

          > David:
          >
          > Which transmit mode are you testing with? (USB, LSB, AM, FM, DIG...) USB
          > and LSB would not show a power indication tell you talk and you have
          > proper mic gain set.
          >
          > Chuck - N8DNX

        • embark999
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3, 2013
            Thank you. I went back and deleted the original message as I discovered I had the display on the wrong setting.

            David KK4NTC

            --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Gary P. Shuford" <vortexchaser@...> wrote:

            > Are you in SSB mode? If so you will only have a power indication with modulation (when you speak).
            >
            > Gary P. Shuford
            > Doskey Mobile Veterinary Care
            > www.gretnaweather.com

          • david taylor
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 4, 2013
              If you are using ssb and not transmitting sound there would be no
              power out because the carrier is suppressed with ssb

              Dave Taylor
              Sent from my iPhone
            • Chris Robinson
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 4, 2013
                Dont feel bad, I do it often. I dont like the method to go through for
                changing bands and tuning, it is a real pain in the ass. then to remember
                to switch to CW or AM/FM. dont overdrive and sometimes even low is to low!

                --
                Making life hell for others since 1973

                Mr.C.Robinson
                73 DE KF6NFW