FT-897 Management software suggestions ?

  • va3mdw
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2013
      Hi All,

      Are there any freeware to manage the FT-897? Memory management? I've seen some commercial solutions, but I thought I would give my wallet a break.

      Thank you in advance .

      73's de Doug VA3MDW
    • w7pva
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2013
        Try CHIRP. You can get it at,

        http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Home

        The RST software package isn't that costly and includes the required cable.. Just a thought.

        Bill - W7PVA
        Prescott Valley AZ
        DM34tp

        --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "va3mdw" <murray.dw@...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > Are there any freeware to manage the FT-897? Memory management? I've seen some commercial solutions, but I thought I would give my wallet a break.
        >
        > Thank you in advance .
        >
        > 73's de Doug VA3MDW

      • Robert Terzi
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2013
          On 4/1/2013 2:06 AM, va3mdw wrote:

          > Are there any freeware to manage the FT-897? Memory management?
          >I've seen some commercial solutions, but I thought I would give my wallet a break.

          CHiRP can program the FT-897 and quite a few other radios.
          It's free, open source, runs on Windows, Linux, Mac.

          http://chirp.danplanet.com/
        • k5htb_de_travis
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2013
            I use CHIRP: