External SWR meter settings ?

  • va3mdw
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2013
      Hi all,

      A couple of weeks ago there was a discussion on external SWR meters. One that was discussed was the LDG meter.

      My question is that I remember someone posted their recommended settings for the FT-897, but I did a few searches and I cannot locate the article with the info.

      Does anyone have a copy of that article? or maybe the original poster can re-post please?

      73s - Doug (VA3MDW)
    • Cor Struyk
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31, 2013
        Doug
        In the FT-897, make shure that the extended menu in menu item 1 is set to ON
        Calibration:
        Then go to menu item 60, labeled MTR ARX SEL
        Turn the main tuning knob until the menu option reads FS (full scale reading)

        Receive parameter setup:
        In menu item 60 select the parameter that will be displayed during receive
        Options are :
        OFF. No meter display during receive
        VLT. Power supply voltage
        CTR discriminator center meter,
        SIG received signal strenght S meter

        Transmit parameter setup:
        Select the knob to menu item 61, labeled MTR ARX SEL
        The options are
        OFF. No meter display on transmit
        VLT. Power supply voltage
        SWR standing wave ratio
        MOD deviation level
        ALC. Automatic level control voltage
        PWR transmit power

        Succes

        73, de Cor
        PA0GTB

        Op 31 mrt. 2013 om 08:05 heeft "va3mdw" <murray.dw@...> het volgende geschreven:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > A couple of weeks ago there was a discussion on external SWR meters. One that was discussed was the LDG meter.
        >
        > My question is that I remember someone posted their recommended settings for the FT-897, but I did a few searches and I cannot locate the article with the info.
        >
        > Does anyone have a copy of that article? or maybe the original poster can re-post please?
        >
        > 73s - Doug (VA3MDW)

      • Cor Struyk
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 31, 2013