RE: [FT897] Re: ft-897 anti vox

  • Bill Young, 909-553-3564, Big Bear Lake
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 14, 2013
      Nope... anti-vox is not hang time... hang time for vox is called vox
      delay...

      W6BBL

      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 14, 2013
        OK, here is the FT-897D Alignment Procedure pdf, but BE CAREFUL, you might accidentally scramble your radio's brain.  I'm now wondering WHY you would want to fix something that isn't broke.   Michael  KF4DUS

        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 14, 2013
          Found this in the groups history, appears that this function is not included, might be worth a call to Yeasu engineering department, been very helpful for me in the past:

          Re: Anti Vox adjustment < Prev Next >
          Posted By:
          bobmayerau
          Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:17 pm |

          Dan,

          As far as I can tell, after playing with my 897D for 3 years and
          857D for 1.5 years , these radios do not have anti-vox. The only
          solution I have found is always use a headset or close talking
          microphone, speak loud and reduce the vox gain (menue 88)to 10.

          Not very elegant, but my old Icom didn't have any vox at all.

          73, Bob VK2BMU

          --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, Michael Hughey <rsq14emt@...> wrote:

          > OK, here is the FT-897D Alignment Procedure pdf, but BE CAREFUL, you might accidentally scramble your radio's brain.  I'm now wondering WHY you would want to fix something that isn't broke.   Michael  KF4DUS

        • Radio_Randy
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 15, 2013
            Bill,

            VOX operation does not always come with an anti-VOX feature. In my commercial radio system, VOX is used to key linked repeaters where anti-VOX would be of no use, whatsoever. My bluetooth motorcycle headsets lack an anti-VOX feature, as well.

            While it may have been easy to build the feature into the analog radios of old, it is entirely possible that adding it to a microprocessor based unit is impractical.

            Good luck on your project.

            73, Radio Randy N7CKJ

            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 15, 2013
              Thanks Randy... I'm pretty sure the anti-vox logic is buried within a
              couple of subroutines in the PLAs...probably nothing I can play with.
              One of the responses here was "why do you want to do that?"... good
              question, but in the true spirit of ham radio, I want to tweak it.
              Yes, old radios did have a knob for anti-vox... they also had knobs
              for "Drive", "load", etc... times have changed, but not the
              intellectual curiosity... :-)

              Bill, W6BBL