Question on Cat Din 8 cable and ATAS 120

  • rdshields
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9 11:14 AM
      I am trying to connect up my 897D to the LDG AT897Plus Tuner. I dont have the cable so the first question is - will any 8 Din Mini cable, male to male work? The cable from Ham supplier takes about a week to get here, and costs 4x as much. I can get it from a Amazon supplier for $5.50 shipped free in 3 days.

      Next, I have been using my ATAS 120 antenna, but have trouble getting it to tune. When I press the autotune button on 20 and 40m, it goes through the process, and looks like it finds the sweet spot under 2.5:1, but passes it by and settle on HSWR around 7:1, every time.
      I can manually play around with it and get it to find the 2.5:1. Any ideas as to the problem?
      Thanks
    • WE8ST
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 10 6:09 AM
        On the ATAS 120A, it might be that you don't have a sufficient ground for it and that's why it's only as good as 2.5:1. I've had that problem with mine several times before playing around with different mounts but when it's on my car with the decent ground there's no problem at all.

        As far as the 8 din cable for the LDG tuner I'm not so sure. I just went with the cable it recommended right off the bat because it seemed like it was pretty specific with what kind of cable it needed for whatever radio you're using it on. Guess you can always try one and see what happens though.

        Chris
        WE8ST

        Sent from my iPhone