Re: [FT897] What is a nice SWR meter for my Go Kit

  • Gordon Phillips
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 6, 2013
      I use an FTL meter made by LDG Electronics, "works well".plugs into 897 external meter jack.
      Gordon 2E1FZR.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 8, 2013
        RF1 Analyst from Autek Research. Small and compact, runs on a 9v battery. 1.2-to-34MHz. Only $140.

        I've had one in my go kit for a couple of years and it does everything I've ever needed.

        I get about 2 years per battery, including four or five Field Day antennas per year and 6-to-8 portable ops per year setting up a Buddipole.

        http://www.autekresearch.com/

        Jon
        WB2RYV

        --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, WN6WJN - - Wassim <wn6wjn@...> wrote:

        > Hi Guys
        >
        > I have been spending some time on Amazon looking for a SWR meter that I can
        > put into a Go Kit.

      • Big Don
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 8, 2013
          My wife Robin and I use the FTL meter by LDG it plugs directly into the port
          on the botton of the radio. They make a small 2.5 inch and a larger 4,5
          inch. If you want to light er up a 12 volt is all you need.
          (http://www.ldgelectronics.com/c/252/products/3/51/1)

          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 8, 2013
            Hi Rick,
            I use an LDG meter, plugs into 897 external meter jack
            Gordon 2E1FZR.

            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 9, 2013
              I'm sorry I guess I shuold have read all the post I think it's an anelizer he wants not an swr meter I use the mfj line
            • Big Don
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 9, 2013
                I myself am looking at the MJF 266 is there an opinion on that unit. Some
                reviews are a little off colored.

                Big Don KD0RVR