Re: [FT897] What is a nice SWR meter for my Go Kit

  • Gordon Phillips
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 6 1:01 PM
      I use an FTL meter made by LDG Electronics, "works well".plugs into 897 external meter jack.
      Gordon 2E1FZR.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 7 10:36 AM
        Hi

        These are compact and have a good reputation.

        Digital  SWR meter kit

        http://www.radio-kits.co.uk/

        73

        Martyn
        2EoCTG

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 8 3:35 AM
          So sorry brain froze that is an LDGswr meter and forgot to say that it is ran by the rig soyou have an s meter a power meter alc meter and swr meter and it seams to be very accurate I think I only paid like 49 bucks for it check it out
          73's
          Rick
          N8MFN
        • JP
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 8 3:44 AM
            RF1 Analyst from Autek Research. Small and compact, runs on a 9v battery. 1.2-to-34MHz. Only $140.

            I've had one in my go kit for a couple of years and it does everything I've ever needed.

            I get about 2 years per battery, including four or five Field Day antennas per year and 6-to-8 portable ops per year setting up a Buddipole.

            http://www.autekresearch.com/

            Jon
            WB2RYV

            --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, WN6WJN - - Wassim <wn6wjn@...> wrote:

            > Hi Guys
            >
            > I have been spending some time on Amazon looking for a SWR meter that I can
            > put into a Go Kit.

          • Big Don
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 8 7:26 AM
              My wife Robin and I use the FTL meter by LDG it plugs directly into the port
              on the botton of the radio. They make a small 2.5 inch and a larger 4,5
              inch. If you want to light er up a 12 volt is all you need.
              (http://www.ldgelectronics.com/c/252/products/3/51/1)

              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 8 8:45 AM
                Hi Rick,
                I use an LDG meter, plugs into 897 external meter jack
                Gordon 2E1FZR.

                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 9 3:10 AM
                  I'm sorry I guess I shuold have read all the post I think it's an anelizer he wants not an swr meter I use the mfj line
                • Big Don
                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 9 9:46 AM
                    I myself am looking at the MJF 266 is there an opinion on that unit. Some
                    reviews are a little off colored.

                    Big Don KD0RVR