RE: [FT897] No output from FT-897

  • TIM BASS
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5, 2013
      Have you checked the audio/mic settings on the computer screen. They both have to be set to CODEC

      Tim
      N1TCB

      To: FT897@yahoogroups.com
      From: hfnelson@...
      Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 23:07:56 +0000
      Subject: [FT897] No output from FT-897

      Objective is to work PSK31. I am using SignaLink, Digipan, FT-897, dummy load, watt meter in digital mode. I am able to key the transmitter but no output. All other modes work as expected. Any help, suggestions or insight would be much appreciated.

      Thanks, Fred K1AKI

    • John Noble
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6, 2013
        I the volume up all the way? I found out the hard way plugging in and unplugging in my usb signal link cable lowered the volume and it would not TX...

        John W1JWN

        This is W1JWN  -  John from Chester, Mass 01011

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 6, 2013
          Make sure your in digi mode if you are going through the data header on the
          back of the radio. I found it will key the transmitter but not output
          anything unless 1 of two things are done 1 being what I just said the other
          is if you wish to leave the radio on USB, LSB, FM, or AM. You have to set
          the digi vox menu no 040 to something other then 0. Hope this helps
          On Mar 6, 2013 5:37 AM, "John Noble" <w1jwn@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > I the volume up all the way? I found out the hard way plugging in and
          > unplugging in my usb signal link cable lowered the volume and it would not
          > TX...
          >
          > John W1JWN
          >
          > This is W1JWN - John from Chester, Mass 01011

        • Michael Lavoie
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 6, 2013
            Looks like my phone messed up and didn't catch my callsign

            73 N1AMD Mike