RE: [FT897] How to dismantle head of the radio

  • TIM BASS
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2013
      Take the top and the bottom off the radio. Unplug the battery and speaker plugs found on the top unit.
      There are 4 screws...2 on top and 2 on the bottom that hold 4 black tabs that are attached
      to the radio.
      These might be loose or missing the screws.
      The tabs go thru the chassis of the radio.
      Hope this helps
      .
      Good luck

      Tim
      N1TCB
      Bend Oregon

      To: FT897@yahoogroups.com
      From: f6iqa@...
      Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 14:05:51 +0000
      Subject: [FT897] How to dismantle head of the radio

      The front panel on my radio seems to be loos. I planed to open the box (what i already did to install filters)to tighten the screws but after removing up an bottom panel, I didn't found the expected screws on the side on the front panel like on other radios. Any tip ? Should I remove main knob etc etc ???

      73's from Joss, F6IQA