Re: [FT897] internal batteries FNB78

  • David Bradley
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2013
      Hi read through previous posts on subject has been covered quite extensively ,but W4RT batts v/good alternative to Yaesu batts and similar specs,but far cheaper,I get approx 4-5 hours at 20 watts i have W4RT batts and charger v/good ,Dave 2E0DTB

      Sent from my iPad

      On 17 Jan 2013, at 20:14, "finaldrives" <finaldrives@...> wrote:

      > Hi group...
      > I am just thinking to buy internal batteries for my FT-897 for summer trips to our islands...
      > Please can somebody give info...how much time I can run 20W from 2 fully charged batteries???

    • D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2013
        It depends on the duty cycle of the transmission, the time used
        transmitting.

        Figure 20 watts transmitting at various percentages - 10% would mean that
        in two hours you'd use up 12 volts times about 30 watts power consumption
        to produce 20 watts r.f. out = 3.6 Ah. W4RT's batteries OPP-897 are 4500
        mAh or 4.5 Ah. That's sending key down RTTY for 10% of 60 minutes or 6
        minutes transmit.

        RTTY is full duty cycle, CW and SSB depend on duty cycle.

        DR