Re: Lot or Serial Numbers question - 2N?

  • Jerry
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
      Yes I did... but it appears that everyone has different answers, I
      was wondering if any new information is available. If the FAQ doesn't
      truly answer the question then it's fair to ask again. I went ahead
      and ordered one from Ham Radio Outlet anyway and I'll take my chances.

      Thanks

      --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "wmlewis" <n8vul@n...> wrote:
      > did you look at the Database in the FAQ for info on Serial Numbers?
      >
      > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jgault@w...> wrote:
      > > Hi:
      > >
      > > I'm thinking of buying a FT897. The sales person at the store
      > emailed
      > > me this when I asked about 2003 shipments:
      > >
      > > "Current stock from Yaesu as shipped to our stores is 2N"
      > >
      > > Is this the newest stock? I have no clue.
      > >
      > > Thanks for any help.
      > >
      > > Jerry
    • Jerry
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
        I was hoping to hear from someone with a 2N... to see if they had
        problems. I have no other numbers from Ham Radio Outlet. Doesn't
        matter... I bought one at the Shelby Hamfest on the weekend and hope
        to have it by the end of the week.

        Thanks for everyones help, I had a few other questions that the FAQ
        did answer.

        Jerry

        --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jgault@w...> wrote:
        > Yes I did... but it appears that everyone has different answers, I
        > was wondering if any new information is available. If the FAQ
        doesn't
        > truly answer the question then it's fair to ask again. I went ahead
        > and ordered one from Ham Radio Outlet anyway and I'll take my
        chances.

        > Thanks
        >
        > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "wmlewis" <n8vul@n...> wrote:
        > > did you look at the Database in the FAQ for info on Serial
        Numbers?

        > > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jgault@w...> wrote:
        > > > Hi:
        > > >
        > > > I'm thinking of buying a FT897. The sales person at the store
        > > emailed
        > > > me this when I asked about 2003 shipments:
        > > >
        > > > "Current stock from Yaesu as shipped to our stores is 2N"
        > > >
        > > > Is this the newest stock? I have no clue.
        > > >
        > > > Thanks for any help.
        > > >
        > > > Jerry
      • ka9ekg
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
          --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jgault@w...> wrote:
          > I was hoping to hear from someone with a 2N... to see if they had
          > problems. I have no other numbers from Ham Radio Outlet. Doesn't
          > matter... I bought one at the Shelby Hamfest on the weekend and
          hope
          > to have it by the end of the week.
          >
          > Thanks for everyones help, I had a few other questions that the FAQ
          > did answer.
          >
          > Jerry
          >
          > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jgault@w...> wrote:
          > > Yes I did... but it appears that everyone has different answers,
          > > was wondering if any new information is available. If the FAQ
          > doesn't
          > > truly answer the question then it's fair to ask again. I went
          ahead
          > > and ordered one from Ham Radio Outlet anyway and I'll take my
          > chances.
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > >
          > > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "wmlewis" <n8vul@n...> wrote:
          > > > did you look at the Database in the FAQ for info on Serial
          > Numbers?

          > > > emailed

          Jerry
          Hello Jerry:Good call you will not go wrong with getting FT-897,I
          got mine over 3 weeks ago and no problems,I think half of this crap
          is made up.I got mine from Ham Station in Indiana.They were out and
          just got new shipment in.My Ser# starts with a 2.So do not trust the
          reports.73s Tom