internal batteries FNB78

  • finaldrives
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 17, 2013
      Hi group...
      I am just thinking to buy internal batteries for my FT-897 for summer trips to our islands...
      Please can somebody give info...how much time I can run 20W from 2 fully charged batteries???
    • David Bradley
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2013
        Hi read through previous posts on subject has been covered quite extensively ,but W4RT batts v/good alternative to Yaesu batts and similar specs,but far cheaper,I get approx 4-5 hours at 20 watts i have W4RT batts and charger v/good ,Dave 2E0DTB

        Sent from my iPad

        On 17 Jan 2013, at 20:14, "finaldrives" <finaldrives@...> wrote:

        > Hi group...
        > I am just thinking to buy internal batteries for my FT-897 for summer trips to our islands...
        > Please can somebody give info...how much time I can run 20W from 2 fully charged batteries???

      • D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2013
          It depends on the duty cycle of the transmission, the time used
          transmitting.

          Figure 20 watts transmitting at various percentages - 10% would mean that
          in two hours you'd use up 12 volts times about 30 watts power consumption
          to produce 20 watts r.f. out = 3.6 Ah. W4RT's batteries OPP-897 are 4500
          mAh or 4.5 Ah. That's sending key down RTTY for 10% of 60 minutes or 6
          minutes transmit.

          RTTY is full duty cycle, CW and SSB depend on duty cycle.

          DR