Re: Lot or Serial Numbers question - 2N?

  • wmlewis
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 31, 2003
      did you look at the Database in the FAQ for info on Serial Numbers?

      --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jgault@w...> wrote:
      > Hi:
      >
      > I'm thinking of buying a FT897. The sales person at the store
      emailed
      > me this when I asked about 2003 shipments:
      >
      > "Current stock from Yaesu as shipped to our stores is 2N"
      >
      > Is this the newest stock? I have no clue.
      >
      > Thanks for any help.
      >
      > Jerry
    • Jerry
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
        Yes I did... but it appears that everyone has different answers, I
        was wondering if any new information is available. If the FAQ doesn't
        truly answer the question then it's fair to ask again. I went ahead
        and ordered one from Ham Radio Outlet anyway and I'll take my chances.

        Thanks

        --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "wmlewis" <n8vul@n...> wrote:
        > did you look at the Database in the FAQ for info on Serial Numbers?
        >
        > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jgault@w...> wrote:
        > > Hi:
        > >
        > > I'm thinking of buying a FT897. The sales person at the store
        > emailed
        > > me this when I asked about 2003 shipments:
        > >
        > > "Current stock from Yaesu as shipped to our stores is 2N"
        > >
        > > Is this the newest stock? I have no clue.
        > >
        > > Thanks for any help.
        > >
        > > Jerry
      • Jerry
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
          I was hoping to hear from someone with a 2N... to see if they had
          problems. I have no other numbers from Ham Radio Outlet. Doesn't
          matter... I bought one at the Shelby Hamfest on the weekend and hope
          to have it by the end of the week.

          Thanks for everyones help, I had a few other questions that the FAQ
          did answer.

          Jerry

          --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jgault@w...> wrote:
          > Yes I did... but it appears that everyone has different answers, I
          > was wondering if any new information is available. If the FAQ
          doesn't
          > truly answer the question then it's fair to ask again. I went ahead
          > and ordered one from Ham Radio Outlet anyway and I'll take my
          chances.

          > Thanks
          >
          > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "wmlewis" <n8vul@n...> wrote:
          > > did you look at the Database in the FAQ for info on Serial
          Numbers?

          > > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jgault@w...> wrote:
          > > > Hi:
          > > >
          > > > I'm thinking of buying a FT897. The sales person at the store
          > > emailed
          > > > me this when I asked about 2003 shipments:
          > > >
          > > > "Current stock from Yaesu as shipped to our stores is 2N"
          > > >
          > > > Is this the newest stock? I have no clue.
          > > >
          > > > Thanks for any help.
          > > >
          > > > Jerry
        • ka9ekg
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
            --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jgault@w...> wrote:
            > I was hoping to hear from someone with a 2N... to see if they had
            > problems. I have no other numbers from Ham Radio Outlet. Doesn't
            > matter... I bought one at the Shelby Hamfest on the weekend and
            hope
            > to have it by the end of the week.
            >
            > Thanks for everyones help, I had a few other questions that the FAQ
            > did answer.
            >
            > Jerry
            >
            > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jgault@w...> wrote:
            > > Yes I did... but it appears that everyone has different answers,
            > > was wondering if any new information is available. If the FAQ
            > doesn't
            > > truly answer the question then it's fair to ask again. I went
            ahead
            > > and ordered one from Ham Radio Outlet anyway and I'll take my
            > chances.
            > >
            > > Thanks
            > >
            > > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "wmlewis" <n8vul@n...> wrote:
            > > > did you look at the Database in the FAQ for info on Serial
            > Numbers?

            > > > emailed

            Jerry
            Hello Jerry:Good call you will not go wrong with getting FT-897,I
            got mine over 3 weeks ago and no problems,I think half of this crap
            is made up.I got mine from Ham Station in Indiana.They were out and
            just got new shipment in.My Ser# starts with a 2.So do not trust the
            reports.73s Tom