Re: [FT897]

  • John Bowen
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 23, 2013
      Joe what I received was a notice for working at home.Nothing regarding an FT897.

      On Jan 23, 2013, at 8:53 PM, Joe Beets <wa6bd@...> wrote:

      > http://gfbrownins.com/go_search.php?la=030&mpd=97p=7&rlz=t39&ioy=9&zjt=9037&ttl=373006&su=h4b2

    • Joe
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 24, 2013
        Barton...changing your password will do no good. The spammers have figured
        out a way to get into all yahoo accounts **above** the password protection.
        We were hoping that this last mail server upgrade Yahoo performed, 2 weeks
        ago, would have taken care of their security issue, but..as you can see...it
        didn't.

        The safest thing to do is to dump Yahoo mail and go to another, more secure,
        free mail service, such as gmail, or a private domain address from GoDaddy
        or similar providers, where hacking is non-existent.

        Joe - WA6RKN

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 24, 2013
          It is not just yahoo accounts. According to my granddaughter Facebook accounts are also being hijacked. Walter J. Stauffer
          7532 North Ontario St.
          Sodus Point, NY 14555
          Tel. 315.483.4190

          sorry folks, somehow my password had been compromised, i have reset the PW to something.

          why is it only my yahoo account that gets these transgressions?

          barton

          WA6BD

          --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, Joe Beets wrote:

          > http://gfbrownins.com/go_search.php?la=030&mpd=97p=7&rlz=t39&ioy=9&zjt=9037&ttl=373006&su=h4b2

        • Eduardo Lara
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 25, 2013
            On 24/01/13 09:58, Joe wrote:

            > Barton...changing your password will do no good. The spammers have
            > figured
            > out a way to get into all yahoo accounts **above** the password
            > protection. .

            Hi all,
            Another thing to do is to delete the contacts in Yahoo account, so the
            spammers do not have whom send their messages to.

            Hope this helps

            Eduardo EA2KT

            --
            In principium erat linea commandorum