Fw:

  • Joe Beets
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 23, 2013
    • John Bowen
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 23, 2013
        Joe what I received was a notice for working at home.Nothing regarding an FT897.

        On Jan 23, 2013, at 8:53 PM, Joe Beets <wa6bd@...> wrote:

        > http://gfbrownins.com/go_search.php?la=030&mpd=97p=7&rlz=t39&ioy=9&zjt=9037&ttl=373006&su=h4b2

      • wa6bd
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 23, 2013
          sorry folks, somehow my password had been compromised, i have reset the PW to something.

          why is it only my yahoo account that gets these transgressions?

          barton

          WA6BD

          --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, Joe Beets wrote:

          > http://gfbrownins.com/go_search.php?la=030&mpd=97p=7&rlz=t39&ioy=9&zjt=9037&ttl=373006&su=h4b2

        • Joe
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 24, 2013
            Barton...changing your password will do no good. The spammers have figured
            out a way to get into all yahoo accounts **above** the password protection.
            We were hoping that this last mail server upgrade Yahoo performed, 2 weeks
            ago, would have taken care of their security issue, but..as you can see...it
            didn't.

            The safest thing to do is to dump Yahoo mail and go to another, more secure,
            free mail service, such as gmail, or a private domain address from GoDaddy
            or similar providers, where hacking is non-existent.

            Joe - WA6RKN

          • barramunda@juno.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 24, 2013
              It is not just yahoo accounts. According to my granddaughter Facebook accounts are also being hijacked. Walter J. Stauffer
              7532 North Ontario St.
              Sodus Point, NY 14555
              Tel. 315.483.4190

              sorry folks, somehow my password had been compromised, i have reset the PW to something.

              why is it only my yahoo account that gets these transgressions?

              barton

              WA6BD

              --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, Joe Beets wrote:

              > http://gfbrownins.com/go_search.php?la=030&mpd=97p=7&rlz=t39&ioy=9&zjt=9037&ttl=373006&su=h4b2

            • Eduardo Lara
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 25, 2013
                On 24/01/13 09:58, Joe wrote:

                > Barton...changing your password will do no good. The spammers have
                > figured
                > out a way to get into all yahoo accounts **above** the password
                > protection. .

                Hi all,
                Another thing to do is to delete the contacts in Yahoo account, so the
                spammers do not have whom send their messages to.

                Hope this helps

                Eduardo EA2KT

                --
                In principium erat linea commandorum