Re: [FT897] Re: Files

  • Richard Von Aschen
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 3, 2013
      You need to use adobe or some of other that will read pdf.

      Richard Von Aschen
      3262 N. Victor Road
      Prescott Valley, AZ 86314

      ________________________________
      From: willcoele@...
      Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 01:04:46 +0000
      Subject: [FT897] Re: Strange 897 behavior

            There are 4 slots where the front panel mounting tabs penetrate the chassis. I normally use the lower right slot. The documentation shows the wire passing through upper right slot but the lower right slot is closer to the volume control.

      --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, TIM BASS <widelightltd@...> wrote:

      > When you say "nearest slot" to shove the wire, please explain.

      > I am sure that when I see it it will make sense!!!

      > And I solder the wire to???

      > Thanks

      > Tim

      > N1TCB

      > To: FT897@yahoogroups.com

      > From: willcoele@...

      > Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 04:38:45 +0000

      > Subject: [FT897] Re: Strange 897 behavior

      >      It's simple.  Remove the top and bottom covers.  Remove the 4 front panel screws and the front panel. Remove the volume control knob and the hex nut.  Fabricate a thin peice of copper by punching or drilling the control's mounting diameter.  Drill a small hole next to the larger hole for control's mounting tab.  So that it will fit inside the front panel, you might have to trim the copper.  Solder a 4 inch wire to the copper and shove it under the front panel PC board.  Mount the volume control and before you remount the front panel, shove the wire in the nearest slot.  That is the nearest slot for the front panel mounting tab.  Ground the wire to the tab screw.

      > There's a document in the files section that I uploaded a few months ago;

      > FT_897_Static_Protection.pdf

      > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, Chris Robinson <kf6nfw@> wrote:

      > > I dont quite understand the attachment process, care to elaborate. I am

      > > interested in doing this for at station use. I am tired of spending money

      > > on stupid repairs that an extra penny or two could have prevented.

    • TIM BASS
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 11, 2013
        Does anyone remember the size of the hole I have drill in the copper ?????
        Looks like 1/4" at best.
        Thanks

        Tim
        N1TCB