Re: [FT897] 440 ssb help

  • Joel
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 6, 2012
      I have a solid birdie at 432.102 that covers up signals on 432.100 - its
      caused by my PC that I use for HRD / Digital etc.

      Turn off the PC - nice and quiet.

      On 12/6/2012 1:06 PM, darylp wrote:

      > greetings
      > i try to listen for ssb sats but when i go to ssb on 440 there is a
      > loud tone that drifts freq like a doppler shift. only a few portions
      > around 432 have regular noise. i unplugged the yagi with no change,
      > unplugged a few lights/chargers in the house with no effect, went to
      > battery power with no effect.
      > does 897 have birdies around 432mhz ssb?
      > thanks kc5slq
      >

      > No virus found in this message.

      KQØJ

    • Albert Furlow
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 6, 2012
        Try changing your screen re-fresh rate. I took mine to 56 hz and fixed it.

        AL KA1FFO

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 10, 2012
          there is no computer for the radio. no computer running nearby.
        • Joel
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 11, 2012
            Do you have a HT with wide range receive that you can check to see if
            the spur is there?

            Do you have the signal with no antenna attached / dummy load?

            Take the rig out in the car and see if the signal is still around a mile
            away.

            Run the rig from a battery instead of a switcher ( if you use one ) ?