440 ssb help

  • darylp
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 6, 2012
      greetings
      i try to listen for ssb sats but when i go to ssb on 440 there is a loud tone that drifts freq like a doppler shift. only a few portions around 432 have regular noise. i unplugged the yagi with no change, unplugged a few lights/chargers in the house with no effect, went to battery power with no effect.
      does 897 have birdies around 432mhz ssb?
      thanks kc5slq
    • Joel
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 6, 2012
        I have a solid birdie at 432.102 that covers up signals on 432.100 - its
        caused by my PC that I use for HRD / Digital etc.

        Turn off the PC - nice and quiet.

        On 12/6/2012 1:06 PM, darylp wrote:

        > greetings
        > i try to listen for ssb sats but when i go to ssb on 440 there is a
        > loud tone that drifts freq like a doppler shift. only a few portions
        > around 432 have regular noise. i unplugged the yagi with no change,
        > unplugged a few lights/chargers in the house with no effect, went to
        > battery power with no effect.
        > does 897 have birdies around 432mhz ssb?
        > thanks kc5slq
        >

        > No virus found in this message.

        KQØJ

      • Albert Furlow
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 6, 2012
          Try changing your screen re-fresh rate. I took mine to 56 hz and fixed it.

          AL KA1FFO

          ________________________________
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 10, 2012
            there is no computer for the radio. no computer running nearby.
          • Joel
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 11, 2012
              Do you have a HT with wide range receive that you can check to see if
              the spur is there?

              Do you have the signal with no antenna attached / dummy load?

              Take the rig out in the car and see if the signal is still around a mile
              away.

              Run the rig from a battery instead of a switcher ( if you use one ) ?