FT897D PC CW Key fault

  • gd1mip
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2012
      Hi all.
      I have an 897D. I tried to connect a PC via an SB2000 interface (http://www.cgantenna.be/sb2000.html) for ham radio deluxe and digi modes.
      This unit has a plug for the CW key connection. I think I have a setting incorrect because with the key plug disconnected it works fine for HRD and digi modes. But If I insert the interface CW lead to the socket on the 897 I get a constant CW like tone and the radio 'locks' with no buttons operating. If I remove the plug it all goes back to normal.

      Can anyone suggest what I have done wrong please.

      Andy GD1MIP
    • arthur swain
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 12, 2012
        Andy, I sent a posting to the group about your problem, but it seems to have got lost. I had the same problem. I was using a normal key but the Button C on MFj KYR was set to on. The Menu 026 was set to ELEKEY.I hope this helps.

        Art G3KWY

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2013
          Thanks Art, sadly its still not working