RE: [FT897] FT-897D Audio

  • Hank Lambert
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2012
      Make sure menu 80 is set to RF-Gain rather than SQL.

      73,

      Hank Lambert

      KB4MTO/TA5ZC

      hank@...

      kb4mto@...

      www.hanklambert.com

      PGP Key: 0x9DFFC21E

      Years ago, many hams used to work a lot of DX until they got their hands on
      an SWR meter and found out they couldn't.

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 30, 2012
        how do you know audio amp is good, what method of testing?and did you make
        sure you have RF gain/pwr meter/swr meter control in proper settings.

        --
        Making life hell for others since 1973

        Mr.C.Robinson
        73 DE KF6NFW

      • Lup S. DJ7SW
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 1, 2012
          Open Squelch!

          LG de Lup, DJ7SW
          mailto:dj7sw@...
        • Marcelo A. Gruber
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 1, 2012
            Ist er auf Squelsh eingestelt oder RF gain, aber in FM ist es gleich wie
            er eingestellt ist, immer squelsh
            Viele Grüsse

            Marcelo LU1IBL

            El 01/12/12 10:56, Lup S. DJ7SW escribió:

            > Open Squelch!
            >
            > LG de Lup, DJ7SW
            > mailto:dj7sw@... <mailto:dj7sw%40yahoo.com>

          • kj4yqa
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 1, 2012
              I agree with DJ7SW, check your squelch or noise level knob (outside the volume knob). It changes the noise/ squelch level, especially switching between FM and USB

              --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Lup S. DJ7SW" <dj7sw@...> wrote:

              > Open Squelch!
              >
              > LG de Lup, DJ7SW
              > mailto:dj7sw@...

            • fred
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 1, 2012
                Do you have audio through the headphones?
                Fred
                k6kub

                --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Shaji" <vu3wij@...> wrote:

                > Hello Friends,
                >
                > When I switch my 897D on, The Rx is ON with welcome tone, and the RX-Green LED just lits and goes OFF.
                >
                > No audio output. Display is ok, TX Red LED ok and transmits. S meter graph and all display components are ok.
                >
                > Transceiver detects signals but no audio. Audio amp is also ok.
                >
                > Something wrong before audio amp.
                >
                > Any help on this is helpful.
                >
                > SHAJI
                > India

              • Richard Drevo
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 3, 2012
                  If you had another HF receiver, possibly you could listen our FT-897 on it.

                  Otherwise, you may have a bias alignment issue with pre-driver and output
                  transistors.

                  There is an alignment procedure for this and I saw it on one of the FT-897
                  User Groups e-mails.

                  If you can not find it, I will research my archives. Somewhere I have it

                  73es,
                  Dick, W3GNQ

                  _____