Comet CF-706

  • tchesek
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2012
      Does anyone know the difference between the Comet CF-706 and the CF-706A Duplexer? I've searched around and can't find a good answer.

      Thanks in advance,
      Tom K3TVC
    • robertktuck@cox.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2012
        It has to do with the freq split and wattage.
        706 1.3-56 mhz / 75-320 mhz 350 watts CW
        706a 1.3-90 mhz / 75-470 mhz 175 watts CW
        Source HRO Catalog.
        Sent from my BlackBerry� wireless device provided by SouthernLINC Wireless

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2012
          Hi Robert,

          I downloaded the HRO catalog and it agrees with the specs that you indicate
          but that is the only place so far that I have seen a difference in specs
          between the 706 and 706A. My device is printed 706 (non A) on the label and
          has 1.3-57 by one port and 75-550 printed by the other port. I was just
          curious but now am confused too! I still would be curious if anyone has one
          with the A printed on the label to know the difference for sure. Either way
          my device is what I need for the 897. This is just a learning exercise. By
          the way, I bought mine used and it has the original bill of sale from 2004
          with 706A printed on the bill of sale so that just adds to the confusion.

          Tom

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2012
            Your specs agree with the ones on Comets website for the 706A. The 706 is
            not listed. It may be an earlier version.

            http://www.cometantenna.com/products.php?CatID=1
            <http://www.cometantenna.com/products.php?CatID=1&famID=6&childID=0>
            &famID=6&childID=0

            It has to do with the freq split and wattage.
            706 1.3-56 mhz / 75-320 mhz 350 watts CW
            706a 1.3-90 mhz / 75-470 mhz 175 watts CW
            Source HRO Catalog.
            Sent from my BlackBerryR wireless device provided by SouthernLINC Wireless

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 5, 2012
              Hi Guys,

              What I have experienced with the Comet numbering is that the letter at the
              end denotes what combination of connectors is used and which ones are fixed
              connectors and which are pigtails. as some of their filters come in different
              combinations of connector/pigtail. Not saying that this is the case here
              but i know that there was that difference when I was selecting a filter some
              years ago.

              73....Eric VK2VE.

              Tom