Re: Solar power

  • fred
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 29, 2012
      To Lee (ak7oz): You've been referring to the Ft-897's "oem charger". As far as I know the ft-897 doesn't have a charger. Are you actually talking about the cd-24 charge controller (does not charge, just controls)?

      --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, JP Douglas <josedouglas@...> wrote:

      > Lee,
      >
      > Shack is running on 4 115amp/hr deep cycle batteries, 2 100 watt solar panels and a Morningstar Sunsaver MPPT 15amp controller.
      > I also use an MFJ 4416B battery booster to compensate length of wire run from batteries to the radios.
      > I'm charging the HTs from the batteries as well, for the laptop I use a dc to dc power supply.
      >
      > 73, Jose KB1TCD

    • Jimmy (WB8NBI)
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 30, 2012
        The CD-24 requires either a 12 volt power supply with the same connector that is on radio power cord or the PA-26B 24 volt AC powered wall charger to charge the batteries in he FT-897D.

        DE Jimmy (WB8NBI)